Course Brief & Learning Outcome:
- Health and Safety requirements
- Hazards and risks when mounting and using abrasive wheels (including vibration white finger)
- PPE requirements
- Methods of marking
- Storing, handling and transporting
- Testing and inspecting
- Function of components
- Correct mounting procedures and balancing
- Adjustment of work rest and guards.
The Abrasive Wheels training will be done at your premises. A classroom, office or suitable area with a plug socket, tables and chairs to allow for completion of theoretical course modules and paperwork must be available.
Appropriate machines to demonstrate how to operate the abrasive wheel, and an area on site where the machines can be started
A safe area of work for practical demonstrations to take place.